FAST FRIDAY FOR FIRSTBORNS
FRIDAY 9TH APRIL 2021
THEME: EMPOWER MY FIRSTBORN TO FIGHT VICTORIOUSLY
TEXT: HEBREWS 6:12 “That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.”
Beautifully blessed day beloved mums, dads and parent-intercessors. Welcome to the second Friday in April 2021 and our thirteenth corporate Fast Friday in the year. We give GOD thanks and praise for bringing us to and preserving us in the fourth month of the year and thank Him for the privilege given us and our children to be called by His name.
Today, we are praying a prayer of strength, grace, courage and victory for our firstborns. In life, many do not want to fight battles yet battles in one form or the other are a part of life. Many are not willing to face squarely the challenges that come with the vicissitudes of life. Many times, we are looking for the path of least resistance, trying not to confront issues but our firstborns as GOD’s chosen ones are His representatives therefore it is inevitable that because they are called by the LORD’s name, the enemy will want to war against them. They cannot be on the defensive, they must rather rise up to confront, protect and guard their territories in GOD hence they need to be prepared, trained and equipped for the wars that life may bring their way. They cannot be victims! They must do life as the victors that they are in CHRIST!
In Numbers 13 and 14, we see the trajectory of an untrusting children of Israel. Even though they had received clear instructions from the Father, they were fearful, fretful, anxious, untrusting, and they complained habitually! In these chapters of scripture, the children of Israel refused to see what GOD was saying to them and only two people (Joshua and Caleb) had the boldness and courage to take a stand for the LORD and they inherited the promise.
LET US PRAY
• Father, infuse boldness, courage and absolute trust in You in my firstborn and by extension my other children. If others are untrusting, let them be the unique ones that will take a stand for and with You.
• LORD, I pray, let my children’s faith in You and in Your words and promises be unshaken. In their lives’ journeys, may they obtain these promises in and through You in the name of JESUS CHRIST Amen.
• Father, I present my firstborn and by extension my other children before You, cause them to be counted among the obedient and courageous ones of Your end-time army like Joshua and Caleb.
• LORD JESUS CHRIST, You are the captain of this army of GOD, prepare my children for war on the various mountains of influence that You are giving them charge over, set them up for victory in the name of JESUS CHRIST Amen.
• Father, I pray for my firstborn and by extension my other children, they will not be slothful or unbelieving. Bring them into the company of the Joshuas and Calebs of this world, people who will challenge them to leave the place of fear, mediocrity and small thinking. Bring them into the company of people who see as You see and who receive boldness and courage from Your word or instructions.
• Father, in this journey of life, grant my children victory all the days of their lives. Make them victorious warriors in the name of JESUS CHRIST Amen.
To your duty posts beloved parent-intercessors. May our children be empowered for victory every day of their lives and may the LORD heed these our requests Amen. See you at the corporate fast breaking meeting at 6pm WAT.
I love and honour you!
©️ ADERINMOLA EMUKPOERUO.